Friday 24 October 2008

Some of you in Harrogate may recently have seen a peculiar site whilst driving or stationary in the may traffic jambs. A bloke in a bright orange tee shirt on short skis fitted with wheels and dragging a tractor tyre. He was probably leaking perspiration. This activity is part of my training. Although it looks crazy, it is very effective as it uses the same muscle groups that are needed to haul sleds on ice and snow (and there will be plenty of that in Antarctica).

I would like to thank all those who have stopped me in the street, firstly for giving me an opportunity to turn my lungs back from being in-side-out and secondly for your interest in Henshaw's and the expedition. For those shouts of encouragement that have pushed me just that little bit further.

As with all training you have good and bad days, yesterday was not good. The Prince of Wales roundabout was particularly busy, so I decided to pick up the tyre and carry it over the road rather than drag it. The weight completely took me off balance and it took several attempts to get up. So hope I provided some entertainment for you, how I wish the ground would open up. Not content with one embarrassment, the ski pole later went down a very small manhole key hole, bending the pole alarmingly and bringing me to a dead stop before grounding me and drawing red stuff from my elbow. But, today was good!

Please do visit the Just Giving site

regards Tim

No comments: